Today we are speaking with the technology executive, investor, venture capitalist, and the SVP of Equifax, Lo Li. Lo Li is very passionate about spotting high potential leaders. She puts more emphasis on choosing leaders that are resilient and are comfortable with failure. Leaders will fail, and that’s perfectly fine as long as you learn from it and grow over time.
Let’s get into Lo Li’s story of how resiliency and flexibility can turn you into a great leader that can step-up into any role and execute.
Things you will learn in this episode:
[00:01 - 05:22] Opening Segment
- I talked briefly about valuable information that you can take advantage of in this episode
- I introduce the guest, Lo Li to the show
- Lo Li talks about working during this COVID-19 pandemic
- Taking the right precautions
- Lo Li talks about her role with Equifax
- Equifax is all about helping bring the right products to the consumers at the right time
[05:23 - 09:54] Spotting High Potential Leaders
- Lo Li talks about how she finds high potential leaders
- Trying to interview as many as possible to fit the box
- It's much more important to hire for resiliency and flexibility
- Being comfortable with failing
[09:55 - 14:54] How Do You Spot Resiliency In Someone?
- Lo Li shares her process of how she interviews potential leaders
- Asking questions that will help her identify if the candidate can recognize failure and learn something from it
- Lo Li weighs in on promoting someone in the organization past their abilities and not executing on their next-level role
- Being comfortable with taking a step-back
- Calibrating talents and making sure that they can be good leaders
- Challenges of bringing all the bright minds to step-up and solve problems
[14:55 - 20:43] The Process Of Doing "The Shift"
- Lo Li talks about her challenges when doing "The Shift"
- Parenting and allowing her kids to make mistakes
- Helping people live up to their potential
- Creating a safe space where risk and failure is part of what we do
- You will fail, and that's okay
[16:03 - 19:24] Closing Segment
- Final thoughts to our listeners?
- "Now is the time for you to show a potential employer that you are resilient, that you are able to rise above adversity and bring on your best self. And that may mean, being comfortable showing what you're made of and being able to show some vulnerability is never a bad thing. "
- For more information on Lo Li, be sure to follow her on the links below.
- Final words from me
"That Unicorn doesn't exist. And when you found the unicorn that existed, their ability to be resilient and flexible was almost non-existent." - Lo Li
"Take baby steps towards the relinquishing of power and control. When you have to accept that you are no longer the person with all the answers but rather you are the leaders who is helping the individuals with the answers." - Lo Li
"Now is the time for you to show a potential employer that you are resilient, that you are able to rise above adversity and bring on your best self." - Lo Li
Resources mentioned in the episode:
You can connect with Lo Li on LinkedIn or visit her company website https://www.equifax.com/ to learn more about consumer credit reporting.
Today's SPONSORSHIP is brought to you by Territory Global. You can connect with us on Instagram, and Twitter or visit our website territory.co Join the work forward movement!
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone empower their businesses through collaboration, innovation, and transformation by sharing this episode or click here to listen to our previous episodes.
These are proven solutions to advance your leadership and innovation process. Check out our website innovationmeetsleadership.com or connect with me on Linkedin, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Youtube
Don't forget to subscribe and leave a 5-star review!
Let’s go transform something!