Our guest today, Dr. Dawn Marie Kier is affectionately known as the “heart doctor.” She is the founder of New Dawn Consulting and has spent the last 22 years helping leaders, franchisees, and organizations in the fast-casual, franchise, and retail space. She helps leaders identify and remove the root problems that keep teams and organizations from achieving desired outcomes.
Let’s dive into Dr. Dawn’s story of why influence is such an important agency for leaders to hold within their organizations.
Things you will learn in this episode:
[00:01 - 07:03] How Can We Start To Cultivate Influence
- I talked briefly about valuable information that you can take advantage of in this episode
- I introduce our guest, Dr. Dawn Marie Kier, to the show
- Dr. Dawn explains why a leader should care about the importance of influence. Why do you want to influence?
- Who am I trying to influence?
- What am I trying to pour into this individual or team of individuals?
- What does influence have to do with skill and innovation?
- Dr. Dawn talks about how leaders can expand their influence to move their organization forward.
- The moment of truth, transparency, and courage.
- A heart of humility
[07:04 - 13:09] A Leader’s Influence
- Dr. Dawn explains why leaders do not give their employees information more openly and why employees are so afraid of it.
- Leaders must be equipped and trained to communicate with their employees.
- Dr. Dawn shares how to have difficult conversations with employees.
- How do you honor a person above the problem?
- How do you want them to feel when they walk away from the conversation?
[13:10 - 20:41] “Results Through Relationship” vs. “Relationships Through Results”
- What are the steps to change the persona you’ve created amongst your employees?
- Get aligned with your values and beliefs.
- Dr. Dawn gives meaningful advice about being consistent with your character.
- Who am I? What’s my calling? What’s my identity? What’s my assignment? What do I do about it?
[20:42 - 23:31] Closing Segment
- Final thoughts for our listeners?
- "Relationships are the constant that you bring with you. And they're also a constant that can evolve from season to season."
- “If we can focus on the heart of the leader, and the heart of those that we're serving and pouring into and influencing, I believe we're going to get a far greater reach.”
- For more information on Dr. Dawn Marie Kier, be sure to follow her with the links below.
- Final words from me
“Start with Why?” - Simon Sinek
“Leadership is influence” -John Maxwell.
“I believe that when the Lord created each and every one of us, we were each created with certain gifts and talents and brilliance. We are meant to shine exactly where we are planted.” -Dr. Dawn Marie Kier
“If we can focus on the heart of the leader, and the heart of those that we're serving and pouring into and influencing, I believe we're going to get a far greater reach.” -Dr. Dawn Marie Kier
Resources mentioned in the episode:
You can connect with Dr. Dawn on LinkedIn, Instagram, or visit her company website https://www.consultingnewdawn.com/ to learn more about serving individuals, and organizations.
Today's SPONSORSHIP is brought to you by Territory Global. You can connect with us on Instagram and Twitter or visit our website territory.co Join the workforce movement!
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone empower their business through collaboration, innovation, and transformation by sharing this episode or click here to listen to our previous episodes.
These are proven solutions to advance your innovation process. Check out our website innovationmeetsleadership.com or connect with me on Linkedin, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Youtube.
Don't forget to subscribe and leave a 5-star review!
Let’s transform something!