“Self-ownership of issues or mistakes is huge because that's where that's where I learn and I know that's where other people learn.” - Bob Hasson
Are you ready to gain courage and clarity on how to achieve the life you dream of? In this episode, Bob Hasson stresses the importance of having a strong character be seen as an asset and a value to your company during difficult times. He discusses how a culture of love should not coexist with fear, and encourages you to work for companies where innovation is celebrated and new ideas are embraced. Let’s dive in!
Bob Hasson is a businessman, Author, Consultant, and Podcaster. He is both the Founder and CEO of HPCI, a painting subcontractor, which he founded in 1978. For over thirty years, he has been active as a consultant and board member for churches, ministries, nonprofits, and school boards.
[00:01 - 06:07] How to Prepare for a Disruption in Your Career
• Bob shares his background and work
The Founder and CEO of HPCI
• Why conserving cash is one of the most important things businesses can do in times of disruption
• Leaders need to disrupt themselves before they're disrupted
[06:08 - 12:20] Be a Person of Character
• Make sure you have a plan for when layoffs or restructuring might happen
• It’s key to think outside the box to come to some type of resolution
• A great story of innovation during the pandemic
[12:21 - 17:53] Encouraging Team Passion Increases Productivity
• How a fear-based culture can lead to negative outcomes, such as repeated mistakes
• Bob advocates for a culture of self-ownership and responsibility
Employees should be encouraged to share their mistakes and learn from them
• High-performing teams have a culture of care and increase engagement
[17:54 - 23:38] Shortcuts: The Proven Path to Purpose, Excellence, and Calling
• The key to a successful career is building relationships with people you care about and having a mission
• Resilience and grit are important qualities to have to succeed
• Continuing to learn is essential to staying on track in your career
[23:39 - 25:02] Closing Segment
• Why Shortcuts is a great resource for innovation and leadership
“Whether you're an entry-level position, shift leader, team leader or a director, you can bring a different culture into your environment and into your team, no matter what is happening within the company.” - Bob Hasson
“Batten down the hatches, conserve cash, let your character shine before you, and don't isolate.” - Bob Hasson
Connect with Bob
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone empower their business through collaboration, innovation, and transformation by sharing this episode or click here to listen to our previous episodes.
These are proven solutions to advance your leadership and innovation process. Check out our website innovationmeetsleadership.com or connect with me on Linkedin, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Youtube
Don't forget to subscribe and leave a 5-star review. Let’s go transform something!