What works for one student won't necessarily work for another, so it's important to constantly innovate to meet their needs.
In this episode, Ashley Born explores the importance of resilience in career goals and how innovation can create effective change in education. She tackles the need to differentiate instruction for students and emphasizes how businesses need to be aware of opportunities created by change. With 10+ years in education and her experience as a coordinator for one of the largest charter schools in Georgia, Ashley offers a unique perspective on topics such as motivating teachers, building support systems, and creating engaging lessons.
Tune into this episode to hear more about how innovation meets leadership when it comes to making an impact in today's educational landscape!
[00:01 - 06:06] Using Innovation to Create Effective Change in Education
• Ashley's journey working in education, from traditional high schools to charter schools
• Leadership in education is not about telling peers what to do but motivating them by leading by example
• Why innovation is a must in education and how it can be used to create effective change
[06:07 - 11:56] Innovating for Effective Change
• Curriculum coordinators need to motivate teachers to create lessons that work for them and light their fire
• Leading through influence is a big challenge when trying to help people figure out what motivates each person
• What worked last year may not work this year, so things must be constantly evolving
• How innovation created opportunities during COVID-19 for businesses
[11:57 - 18:28] The Need for Increased Interactivity and Engagement in Virtual Settings
• Differentiation in content, product, process, and environment is key for both students and adults
• We need to innovate and allow freedom to differentiate initiatives
• The difference between traditional schools and virtual programs
[18:29 - 21:53] Closing Segment
• Behavior management is a lesser portion of virtual programs
• Zoom meetings miss out on a lot when cameras are turned off
"Using innovation in education is a must because our clients are never the same from year to year, and they change every single year." - Ashley Born
"If we don't innovate what we are doing in the classroom, if we're not engaging, if we're not becoming more interactive with our kids and meeting them where they are, then we've lost them." - Ashley Born
Connect with Ashley Born
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone empower their businesses through collaboration, innovation, and transformation by sharing this episode or clicking here to listen to our previous episodes.
Check Natalie's new book: SET IT ON FIRE: The Art of Innovation available now at setitonfire.co
These are proven solutions to advance your leadership and innovation process. Check out our website innovationmeetsleadership.com, or connect with me on Linkedin, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Youtube
Don't forget to subscribe and leave a 5-star review!
Let's go transform something!